25 May [PRESS RELEASE]: #MusicUnscripted Set To Unlock The Internet
16BarsRELOADED, a South African hip hop movement formed back in 2012, is set to return with their music education initiative – Music Unscripted – which will take place on Saturday, the 9th of June at the J&B Hive in Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
The conference is currently in its fourth year since its inception in 2015 was inspired by the founders’ experience with upcoming artists who lacked the professionalism required to pursue their careers more constructively and efficiently. As a result, the conference has seen a diverse array of musicians along with other potential industry professionals, such as publicists and record label owners, attend the conference to gain more guidance and knowledge about the music industry workings.
Seeing as the conversation of the power of the internet for musicians has intensified, 16BarsRELOADED saw it fit to accommodate this dynamic shift by addressing ways in which artists can exploit the internet to their best advantage. “It’s one thing to upload your song on SoundCloud and hope for the best, but it’s a whole different ball game to execute an airtight brand strategy online that will propel you in the right direction for your career,” said Precious Nkadimeng, affectionately known as the Spokenpriestess. With this, the conference will tackle matters surrounding brand positioning, music streaming platforms, as well as how to convert your online buzz into sustainable income revenue streams in the long run.
The speakers on this leg of the conference are notable members of the entertainment industry who are well versed in the conversation of artist relations in the digital world. Allegro Dinkwanyane is the founder of Forbes’ 30 Under 30 listed multifaceted company, Orgella Media. Lindiwe Dlhamini is an artist manager at Geobek Records, along with being an A&R manager for music distribution platform TurnUp Music. Rudzani “Roo” Netshiheni, on the other hand, is the editor of one of South Africa’s most respected hip hop publications of all time, Hype Magazine – which has successfully gone online in the past years.
If there was ever a question about how to turn likes, follows, and retweets into something lucrative and sustainable for the artist brand, this conference is the platform to have those discussions and more. Make sure you book yourself a seat by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org and ready a R 50 entrance fee to pay at the door on the day. The event will be from 10:00 to 14:00 allowing you to go about your day thereafter. See you there!
- [PRESS RELEASE]: 2018 Johannesburg Natural Hair Expo - September 10, 2018
- [WATCH]: #TheTotalShutdown 2018 - August 10, 2018
- [WATCH]: Simamkele Matuntuta Interview - June 14, 2018
- [PRESS RELEASE]: Preller, Kentridge And Tretchikoff Top Strauss & Co’s Johannesburg Sale - June 7, 2018
- [PRESS RELEASE]: Abstract South African Art In Focus For Strauss & Co’s First Themed Online Sale - June 7, 2018
- [EVENT]: Glow With The Fro: Exclusive Curls And Coils Talk - May 30, 2018
- [PRESS RELEASE]: #MusicUnscripted Set To Unlock The Internet - May 25, 2018
- [PRESS RELEASE]: Strauss & Co’s Upcoming Johannesburg Sale Studded With Museum-Calibre Works - May 24, 2018
- [PRESS RELEASE]: Minister Of Communications Addresses Africa Communications Week - May 21, 2018
- [FEATURED]: Mental Health Talk – A Dialogue Part II - May 21, 2018