10 Aug [WATCH]: #TheTotalShutdown 2018
The month of August kicked off on a more of a bittersweet note for me. While it was probably the greatest experience of my life to be surrounded by women and gender non-conforming people from all different walks of life, it was rather upsetting how relatable our experiences in relation to being violated are.
My classmate, Bella Makhubo and I were already interested in attending the protest individually since it is in line with our general beliefs. However, we were eventually roped into covering the march by one of our lecturers, Damien from the acting department. I was a bit anxious in the days leading up to the protest considering that I last covered one in 2015. And since then my focus has been more lifestyle-related than anything else.
I am, however, glad to have done it after all. My body essentially gave up on me for a few days after the protest but I would not trade the experience for anything else. You can have a look at the final video of our coverage of The Total Shutdown 2018 below.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
- [PRESS RELEASE]: 2018 Johannesburg Natural Hair Expo - September 10, 2018
- [WATCH]: #TheTotalShutdown 2018 - August 10, 2018
- [WATCH]: Simamkele Matuntuta Interview - June 14, 2018
- [PRESS RELEASE]: Preller, Kentridge And Tretchikoff Top Strauss & Co’s Johannesburg Sale - June 7, 2018
- [PRESS RELEASE]: Abstract South African Art In Focus For Strauss & Co’s First Themed Online Sale - June 7, 2018
- [EVENT]: Glow With The Fro: Exclusive Curls And Coils Talk - May 30, 2018
- [PRESS RELEASE]: #MusicUnscripted Set To Unlock The Internet - May 25, 2018
- [PRESS RELEASE]: Strauss & Co’s Upcoming Johannesburg Sale Studded With Museum-Calibre Works - May 24, 2018
- [PRESS RELEASE]: Minister Of Communications Addresses Africa Communications Week - May 21, 2018
- [FEATURED]: Mental Health Talk – A Dialogue Part II - May 21, 2018